Saturday, May 26, 2012

Custom glass box, part three!

The top and sides are now connected, although they need their second layer of solder to make them look nice. I've finally got the bottom panel cut, I think, which is a relief because I cut a whole bunch of glass before I got a good one! the glass still has plenty of finger prints and flux on it, but it's nice clear glass with no scratches. I had to abandon the first base panel I cut because I found a tiny scratch in it. Ah well, it was close to an edge so I'll be able to cut that off to make a piece for something else later.


Next step is to tape and tin the base, and then I get to figure out how to make the two sit together nicely so they look just right, which will mean a lot more sitting and staring. Through years of experience, I've come to the conclusion that at least 2/3 of the time it takes to complete any creative project is spent sitting and staring at stuff. No wonder I can never give a good estimate for how long something took me to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment